The month of ghosts and ghouls is here, and around Halloween people are always trying to escape something scary. Here are some movies about escaping that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972): Arguably the most memorable of disaster films, this classic stars Gene Hackman, who plays a minister who ends up becoming the leader of a ragtag group of passengers trying to escape a sinking cruise ship. Their journey is a life-or-death scenario taking place in a dangerous maze of traps. This is a thrill ride of a film that is sure to entertain any escape enthusiast.
- Misery (1990): A best-selling author (James Caan) must escape the home of a deranged nurse claiming to be his “No. 1 fan” (Kathy Bates) when she kidnaps him after a car accident. Although this is scarier than any escape room, it’s certainly a great thrill ride to watch.
- Cool Hand Luke (1967): Paul Newman plays a laidback Southern man in a Florida prison who refuses to obey the system. He gains influence over his inmates and escapes multiple times.
- The Great Escape (1963): Based on Paul Brickhill’s book of the same name, this World War II film featuring action star Steve McQueen follows the mass escape from Stalag Luft III in Sagan, Germany.
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994): Tim Robbins plays a banker sentenced to life in Shawshank State Penitentiary for murdering his wife and her lover, even though he claims he is innocent. He eventually escapes amid a money laundering operation.
Don’t just watch a movie about escaping; be a part of the action! Book your Think Escape Games session in one of our three rooms today.